Started the above today. Importing the Miwok project went seemlessly…
- Go to this GitHub project repository link.
- Click on the “Download zip” button to download the app code.
- Unzip the downloaded file on your computer so that you have a “Miwok” folder.
- Open Android Studio.
- Choose File > Import Project and select the “Miwok” folder. It may take some time for the project to be imported. If you have any issues, check the Troubleshooting document.
- Once that app has successfully imported, run the app on your Android device (phone, tablet, or emulator). It should look like this screenshot. Nothing happens when you click on any of the categories. That’s expected.
Just for your information, during the process of importing the project, Android Studio prompted for some updates and gave warnings related to obsolete features being replaced. This is due to the fact I am using the bleeding edge version of Android Studio, and the project I’m importing was written months previously. So it took a few minutes to complete the updates and build, the installing the APK to the phone took minutes instead of the seconds it has taken so far with my apps. Nevertheless, all went seemlessly (if slowly) and the app ran as described on the phone.